TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Shoe City General Terms & Conditions:
Copyright in information contained in this web site is owned by Pepkor. You may use this information and reproduce it in hard copy for your own personal reference use only. The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of Pepkor.
Information of this web site is given by us in good faith and has been taken from sources believed to be reliable. We make no representations that the information contained on this web site is accurate, complete or fair and no reliance should be placed on it for any purpose whatsoever. The information contained herein is not intended to serve as financial or other advice. Pepkor shall not be liable to any person or company for use or reliance of any inaccurate information or opinions contained herein.
Pepkor does not make any representation regarding any other web sites, which may be accessed through this web site and accordingly accepts no responsibility for the content or use of such web sites or information contained therein. Pepkor shall not be liable to any party for any form of loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance on any information contained on such a web site.
Shoe City Terms & Conditions Applicable to Electronic Communication:
All electronic communication, including all attachments thereto, is transmitted to you by Pepkor Retail Limited and all its divisions (“Pepkor”) on the following terms and conditions:
1. As the addressee/recipient of electronic communication you agree to be bound by the provisions of section 11(1) and 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (Act 25 of 2002).
2. The information contained in this electronic communication may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to use it or receive it.
3. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance of the contents of this electronic communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If therefore you have received electronic communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy it.
4. Any copying, publication or disclosure of the contents of electronic communication by any person whatsoever can result in civil liability.
5. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you of electronic communication.
6. Under no circumstances will Pepkor, as the sender of electronic communication, be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of an electronic communication, or of any other hyper linked web site, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if Pepkor has been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Pepkor does employ virus filtering, but it provides no guarantees or warrantees that its electronic communication is virus-free.
8. Pepkor is not responsible for the proper and/or complete transmission of the information contained in electronic communication or of the electronic communication itself, nor in any delay in its receipt.
9. The views and/or opinions expressed or implied in electronic communication do not necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of Pepkor, unless stated otherwise. If the electronic communication was used for purposes unrelated to the official business of Pepkor, Pepkor shall not be liable for any damage caused by the contents of this message and the sender may be held responsible therefore in his/her sole and personal capacity. In specific, the use of the Pepkor electronic communications facility is not permitted for the distribution of chain letters or offensive mail of any nature whatsoever.
10. No warranties are made or implied that an employee or contractor of Pepkor was authorised to make the electronic communication. Pepkor disclaims liability for any unauthorised instruction for which permission was not granted.
11. No employee or intermediary of Pepkor is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of Pepkor without the written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of Pepkor. Any agreement concluded with Pepkor via electronic communication shall only come into operation once Pepkor has confirmed the formation of such an agreement in writing.
12. The e-mail address of the sender of electronic communication may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices without the prior written consent of the sender.
13. Where applicable, Pepkor retains the copyright to all electronic communication and attachments. The recipient is licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only, all other rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the sender.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
15. Subject to urgent and interim court relief, any disputes and/or disagreements and/or damages and/or liabilities related to the electronic communication shall be referred to arbitration in terms of the rules if the South African Arbitration Foundation in Cape Town.
16. This electronic communication disclaimer shall take precedence over any other disclaimer(s) in respect of electronic communication addressed to or used by Pepkor.
17. The above-mentioned terms and conditions will also be applicable to all electronic communication in relation to the Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual which is available at http//www.pepkor.co.za
18. Information disclosures required by law:
Full name of company: Pepkor Retail Limited
Registration number: 1986/003435/06
Country of registration: Republic of South Africa
Shoe City Building
Shoe City Sale Terms & Conditions:
1. The Shoe City Sale discount is up to 50% off selected merchandise.
2. This offer is valid while stocks last.
3. If necessary, acting reasonably, Shoe City reserves the right to alter the rules or promotional discounts at their own discretion. In such an event, any alternations would become effective immediately after being altered or on the date set by Shoe City and no Shoe City Cardholders shall have any recourse against Shoe City as a result.
Shoe City *Talk Terms & Conditions
1. Standard terms & conditions apply.
2. Only 2 handsets per customer.
3. All handset sales subject to in-store RICA and SIM activation.
4. Errors and omissions excepted.