Terms & Conditions
Copyright in information contained in this website is owned by Pepkor. You may use this information and reproduce it in hard copy for your own personal reference use only.
The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of Pepkor.
Information of this website is given by us in good faith and has been taken from sources believed to be reliable.
We make no representations that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete or fair and no reliance should be placed on it for any purpose whatsoever.
The information contained herein is not intended to serve as financial or other advice. Pepkor shall not be liable to any person or company for use or reliance of any inaccurate information or opinions contained herein.
Pepkor does not make any representation regarding any other websites which may be accessed through this web site and accordingly accepts no responsibility for the content or use of such web sites or information contained therein.
Pepkor shall not be liable to any party for any form of loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance on any information contained on such a website.
All electronic communication, including all attachments thereto, is transmitted to you by Pepkor Speciality (Proprietary) Limited and all its divisions (“Pepkor”) on the following terms and conditions:
- As the addressee/recipient of electronic communication you agree to be bound by the provisions of section 11(1) and 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (Act 25 of 2002).
- The information contained in this electronic communication may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to use it or receive it.
- If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance of the contents of this electronic communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If therefore you have received electronic communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy it.
- Any copying, publication or disclosure of the contents of electronic communication by any person whatsoever can result in civil liability.
- Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you of electronic communication.
- Under no circumstances will Pepkor, as the sender of electronic communication, be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of an electronic communication, or of any other hyperlinked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if Pepkor has been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Pepkor does employ virus filtering, but it provides no guarantees or warranties that its electronic communication is virus-free.
- Pepkor is not responsible for the proper and/or complete transmission of the information contained in electronic communication or of the electronic communication itself, nor in any delay in its receipt.
- The views and/or opinions expressed or implied in electronic communication do not necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of Pepkor, unless stated otherwise. If the electronic communication was used for purposes unrelated to the official business of Pepkor, Pepkor shall not be liable for any damage caused by the contents of this message and the sender may be held responsible therefore in his/her sole and personal capacity. In specific, the use of the Pepkor electronic communications facility is not permitted for the distribution of chain letters or offensive mail of any nature whatsoever.
- No warranties are made or implied that an employee or contractor of Pepkor was authorised to make the electronic communication. Pepkor disclaims liability for any unauthorised instruction for which permission was not granted.
- No employee or intermediary of Pepkor is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of Pepkor without the written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of Pepkor. Any agreement concluded with Pepkor via electronic communication shall only come into operation once Pepkor has confirmed the formation of such an agreement in writing.
- The e-mail address of the sender of electronic communication may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices without the prior written consent of the sender.
- Where applicable, Pepkor retains the copyright to all electronic communication and attachments. The recipient is licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only, all other rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the sender.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Subject to urgent and interim court relief, any disputes and/or disagreements and/or damages and/or liabilities related to the electronic communication shall be referred to arbitration in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation in Cape Town.
- This electronic communication disclaimer shall take precedence over any other disclaimer(s) in respect of electronic communication addressed to or used by Pepkor.
- The above-mentioned terms and conditions will also be applicable to all electronic communication in relation to the Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual which is available at http//www.pepkor.co.za.
- Information disclosures required by law:
Full name of company: Pepkor Speciality (Proprietary) Limited
Registration number: 1998/007991/07
Country of registration: Republic of South Africa
Old Oak Office Park
c/o Old Oak and Twist Road
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Shoe City operates various social media communities on various social media platforms and are glad to have you as a community member. We encourage you to publish content and interact with us and other community members through our communities. We would like to ensure a positive experience for everyone and therefore we need a few rules for everyone. Please take a moment to read this policy and keep our rules in mind whenever you publish content to or do anything else on our social media communities.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that engaging with us and other community members on our social media communities is a positive experience for you and other community members.
This policy applies to your use of any social media. Social media is a broad term that covers any existing or future digital tool or other kind of technology that allows one person to publish the same message to many people in a public or semi-public forum at the same time using the Internet or a similar communications network. It includes:
Our social media communities are spaces for you to discuss topics relevant to our business, for us to communicate with you about our goods and services, and for us to connect you to our official website. You should only publish content that is relevant. Anything contrary to our community purpose will be irrelevant and removed, including:
We may edit or remove anything that you publish to our social media communities that is inconsistent with this policy, including anything irrelevant and any conduct, content, or promotional competition related content that is prohibited by this policy. We may moderate any of the following things as described above among others:
We regularly run competitions on our social media pages. These promotional competitions are run in strict accordance with the law to ensure that they are fair and that everyone has the same chance of winning. These promotional competitions are regulated by competition terms and conditions that determine what entries we accept, how we select winners, and how the competition is monitored by auditors. A copy of the terms and conditions are always available to you on our website. You may not engage in any of the following prohibited conduct:
- NETWORK RULES
It is important that you understand the rules of each social media platform. This includes the written rules like their terms of service and the unwritten rules like the manners and etiquette of that social media service that its members generally subscribe to.
- NOT OUR VIEWS
What you and other members publish on our social media communities are not our views.
- RESPONSE TIMES
We will do our best to respond to anything you publish to our social media communities timeously, but are not liable for failing to do so. We generally moderate our social media communities from 08h30 to 16h30 on weekdays other than public holidays.
- NO ENDORSEMENT
We do not endorse anything you publish to our social media communities merely by acknowledging it in any way, such as a ‘like’, ‘retweet’, ‘favourite’.
If you see any behaviour from other community members who are in breach of this policy, we encourage you to report them to us through an inbox message to the page.
We may take recourse against you for breaching this policy by suspending or banning you from any of our social media communities.
We want you to understand this policy as best as you can so that you can comply with it easily. If there is any aspect of this policy that you don’t understand or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the contact information on our customer services page available here: Contact Us.
Where third parties are involved and where there is an ongoing investigation all Social Media messages are posted without prejudice, and we reserve all our rights.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE "SHOE CITY OPEN AN ACCOUNT AND SAVE” CAMPAIGN
- The promoter of the campaign is Shoe City, a division of Pepkor Speciality (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The name of the Campaign is “Shoe City Open an Account and Save Campaign” (“the Campaign”). The Campaign will run from Wednesday, the 1 st of March 2023 up to and including Tuesday, the 30 th of May 2023 ("the Campaign Period") at the following selected Shoe City stores:
- By accepting the reduction on your Store Card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Campaign is only open to participants within South Africa.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone, or terminate the Campaign and the reduction on first purchase, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against the Promoter and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against the Promoter.
- These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 928 1125 and at www.shoecity.co.za.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE "SHOE CITY SWIPE AND SAVE NEW STORE” CAMPAIGN
- The promoter of the campaign is Shoe City, a division of Pepkor Speciality (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The name of the Campaign is “Shoe City Swipe and Save New Store” (“the Campaign”).
- The Campaign will run from Tuesday, 02 May 2023 up to and including Monday, 31 July 2023 (“the Campaign Period").
- All Account Holders of Shoe City, Tekkie Town and Dunns A+ Store Cards in Namibia (“Store Card”) who make a purchase at the Shoe City Wernhill Namibia 9300 store during the Campaign Period using their Store Card, will qualify for a once-off reduction on their account equal to 20% of their first purchase value.
- By accepting the reduction on their Store Card, Account Holders agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Campaign and any reduction on purchases, or any aspect thereof, for any reason whatsoever and without notice. In such event, the Account Holders hereby waive any rights or expectations they may have against the Promoter and acknowledge that they will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against the Promoter.
- These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 928 1125 and at www.tekkietown.co.za.
MARKETING AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION CONSENT
Where you have given your consent in store to a cashier, you agree to:
- the processing of your personal information (including your name, surname, id number, telephone number, transactional information and any other information which may be required in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 2002, (“FICA”) or any other law) (“Personal Information”) by Pepkor Speciality and other companies in the Pepkor group (“Pepkor group”), any of their operators, commercial partners (e.g. Capfin, insurance companies, the supporting bank in the case of a bank product and any other financial services providers, such as money remitters), agents and sub-contractors (who may be outside South Africa and in countries that do not have similar data protection laws to South Africa) on the condition that they will keep your Personal Information confidential and will only use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing information about products and services to you and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- the collection of your Personal Information from any other source to supplement the information which the Pepkor group has about you (e.g. telecommunication networks, Capfin, insurance companies, the supporting bank in the case of a bank product and any other financial services providers, such as money remitters);
- the retention of your Personal Information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will retain such information only for as long as legally permitted;
- the use of your Personal Information to send you information about products, services and special offers offered by the Pepkor group and its commercial partners that may be of interest to you;
- the use of your information for purposes required in terms of law, including FICA;
- a credit enquiry being conducted about you with any credit bureau or credit provider and providing your Personal Information, including the manner in which you conduct your account, to credit risk management services and/or crime prevention agencies.
- The provision of your Personal Information in terms of this agreement is voluntary.
Subject to applicable law, you may access the Personal Information we have about you by contacting our call centre on 0860 900 400 and request that applicable corrections be made.
If you are unhappy about the way we process your personal information, you should contact our call centre on 0860 900 400. Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator.
The responsible party is Pepkor Speciality (Proprietary) Limited (“Pepkor Speciality”) with address at Old Oak Office Park, Corner Old Oak and Twist Road, Bellville, Cape Town.
If you choose to be excluded from direct marketing campaigns in the future from Shoe City, you must advise Shoe City by contacting us on 0860 900 400 or you can advise us in writing or register a block on any registry which we are bound by law to recognise. We will not charge you a fee to update this request on our systems and we will give effect to changes as soon as reasonably possible.
PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT MANUAL
The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000 (PAIA) was set up by the SA Human Rights Commission to help increase public access to information about South African companies and other institutions. With this Act, they hope to make sure that:
- companies share information openly
- a culture of social justice is created and promoted
- human rights are respected by corporations and government
Learn more about your right to information and who can help you get it by downloading our PAIA Manual below.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION!
VIEW the Pepkor PAIA Manual
Shoecity a division of Pepkor Speciality (Pty) Ltd
Old Oak Office Park
c/o Old Oak and Twist Road
Phone: 0860 900 400
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
This includes any information that you provide to us directly:
- when you sign-up to utilise our services;
- by filling in forms on our websites, or those provided to you;
- when you enter a competition, promotion, donations or complete a survey;
- by posting comments or content on our social media pages; or
- when you contact us or we contact you and you provide information directly to us.
What personal information we collect
- When you register to use our services, you could be required to provide us with the following information, your -
- name and surname;
- contact number and email address;
- physical address;
- identity or passport number; and
- date of birth.
Information we collect or receive when you use our website or social media platforms
We collect information when you use websites or social media platforms by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use websites, we may receive:
- Log information;
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with products and services;
- Device information (for example the type of device you're using, how you access platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address);
- Location information.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways.
- Information you give us
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services you request from us;
- in order to refer you to an appropriate third-party service provider;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with support; and
- to provide effective advertising (for example to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer, that are similar to those that you have already hired or enquired about).
- We don’t sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share information with:
- our affiliates, in other words, other companies in our group;
- we may disclose your personal information to a limited number of our employees and third party service providers (other than those who we refer you to), who we assist you to interact with;
- our business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners;
- other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
- companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you; and
- third-parties where you provide consent. In some cases, third-parties (often advertisers) may wish to attain information about you in order to promote their products to you, or for whatever other reason. We may share information with third-parties where you provide consent in the form of an explicit opt-in. Before we ask you to opt-in, we will endeavour to provide you with a clear description of what data would be shared with the third-party. Remember that once you have opted in to allow us to send your information to the third-party, we cannot control what they do with your data; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies before providing permission for us to share your information.
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various "opt-out" options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you service-related messages.
- We want to make sure that any data we hold about you is up to date. So, if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it.
The security of your data is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this. We will at all times comply with our obligation under applicable law.
- We are based in and operate from South Africa. Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside of your country of residence, where the data privacy laws, regulations and standards, may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
- We might transfer your personal information to places outside of South Africa and store it there, where our suppliers might process it. If that happens, your personal information will only be transferred to and stored in a country that has equivalent, or better, data protection legislation than South Africa or with a service provider which is subject to an agreement requiring it to comply with data protection requirements equivalent or better than those applicable in South Africa.
- Your use of our website, followed by your submission of information to us, represents your consent to such transfer.
Our website or social media platforms may contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
policy will be posted on our website and will be effective from the date of posting.
You may at any time request:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- access to your personal information;
- the identities or categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information; or
- that we correct or delete any personal information that is incomplete, misleading, inaccurate, excessive or out of date.
- Requests may be made in writing to email@example.com
What are cookies and why do we use them?
The information we collect from cookies enables us to:
- tailor our websites to your personal needs;
- remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you are not shown them again;
- help us find information once you have logged in;
- help us link your browsing information to you and your personal information, for example, when you choose to register for a service;
- make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them; and
What kind of cookies do we use?
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Category 1: Necessary cookies.
- Category 2: Performance cookies
- Category 3: Functionality cookies
- Category 4: Targeting/advertising cookies
- Category 5: Third-party Social media cookies
Necessary cookies enable you to use our websites and all its features, such as enabling access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites.
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our websites so we can improve them for you in future. For example, they collect information on which pages you visit most often and any error messages you may get. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous. They do not collect any information that can identify you personally.
Functionality cookies enable us to provide you with a more personalized experience. They help us to remember data, such as your username and language preference, to save you having to enter them again the next time you visit. The information these cookies collect is anonymous. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We and our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are relevant to you and your interests.
WFor example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our websites, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our websites and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
How can you manage your cookie settings?
Where applicable and to ensure you get the best possible experience when visiting our websites, we recommend that you accept cookies. However, you can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies), by clicking on your “cookie settings” button or disable cookies in your web browser.
Cookies may, however, be necessary to provide you with certain features available on our website. If you disable cookies you may not be able to use these features, and your access to our website will be limited.